Jennifer Soldner INFJ
This site is no longer active. Please find me at jennifersoldner.com.

On Those Lonely Days

Some days are harder than others. Some days you feel so alone, wishing there was someone you could connect with. Someone who could understand how you are feeling without needing to say a word.

Empaths and intuitives view the world differently than others. Not better or worse, just different. On the difficult days, you can feel saddened that your lens is a different color than everyone else's. You long to connect with those like you but they seem nowhere to be found.

It is okay to allow yourself to feel sad on those days. Recognize your emotions, no matter how painful they are. Truly see them. Allow yourself to feel them, without judgment. Offer yourself the same compassion you would offer another who is suffering. Be kind to yourself.

Understand that emotions are fluid and, while you may feel alone today, you never know when a kindred spirit may emerge. Perhaps they are right there, a phone call or email away. And as soon as you have allowed yourself to process your sadness, the fog will clear and you will find one another. Give it time.

1 comment:

  1. Very beautiful. I cannot tell you how many times I have felt like this. It's so refreshing to know I'm not truely alone and other people feel the same way I do. I would also add that we have to remember the great things that come from who we are. Personally, I would not trade my personality for another.. ever.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! While differing opinions are more than welcome, please keep comments appropriate and friendly. Any comment that directly attacks myself or another will be removed. Thank you!